Chicken Bruschetta Bake

Do you know what I love? 
Easy meals.
You know what else I love?
Balsamic vinegar and tomatoes.

With some inspiration from The Seasoned Mom and Clean Food Crush (both delicious recipes by the way!) I have created this new favorite - the Chicken Bruschetta Bake.


Don't you love a one-pan meal?!? They're my favorite. 
Because doing dishes is my least favorite.


Serves: 2, with lunch leftovers

Ingredients:
For the Chicken:
1-2 large chicken breasts
salt & pepper

For the Sauce:
1/4c maple syrup
1/4c dijon mustard
3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
3 garlic cloves

For the Topping:
3 roma tomatoes
1 bunch fresh basil
2tbsp balsamic vinegar
1tbsp olive oil
salt & pepper
dried rosemary
1c shredded mozzarella

Instructions:
1. Preheat oven to 425*F and grease a 9"x9" baking dish
2. Cut chicken breasts into large chunks - my chicken breasts were pretty thick, so I also butterflied the chicken before dicing. I made my pieces into about 3" strips, making about 2-3 pieces per portion.
3. Place chicken into baking dish
4. Whisk sauce ingredients together - you can mince your garlic or crush the cloves, just make sure they're covered by the sauce when they go in the oven so they don't burn.
5. Pour the sauce over the chicken and toss to coat evenly. Bake for 30m.
6. While the chicken is cooking, dice your tomatoes and cut the basil (I use herb scissors for my basil). Add tomatoes and basil to a bowl, and stir in balsamic vinegar and olive oil before adding salt, pepper, and rosemary to taste. Let sit until the chicken is done.
7. Remove the baking dish from the oven, lower oven temp to 375*F, and check chicken - it should be cooked through but just barely. 
8. Spread the tomato topping evenly over the top of the chicken
8. Cover the tomato mixture evenly with 1c of shredded mozzarella cheese and put back into the oven for about 15m, or until cheese is melted.


Although I paired it with absolutely nothing (except wine), this would be fabulous over pasta or with a nice big crusty loaf of bread.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Garlic Naan

First Post and a Bread Obsession

Flashback Friday